Lavender Mountain Swim & Racquet Club
Contact Nick Merrin for information 706-252-0423
Swimming Pool Rules
1. All members of the Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club may use the swimming pool facilities in accordance with the following rules and regulations at no charge except as noted below.
2. The swimming pool facility is maintained by the Members for the use and benefit of all members and their guests. Because it is a shared facility of all of the members, we believe that the following rules and regulations will provide maximum use and benefit to the majority of the members. Members and guests are asked to follow all rules and regulations as required for the safety and conduct of all swimmers, adults and children. Your cooperation in observing these rules and regulations will be appreciated by everyone.
3. All persons using the pool and its equipment do so at their own risk. The Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club will not under any circumstances, be responsible for injuries, illness, or accidents suffered or sustained by any person or persons in or about the pool facilities. The Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen articles.
4. The pool will be open full time beginning the third Saturday of April, unless otherwise posted. The pool will be open daily without any hourly restrictions. Members are asked to keep safety as a guiding principle for when the pool facility should be used. The pool will close as of the third Monday of October, unless otherwise posted.
5. The procedure for pool comments/suggestions are as follows: Comments should be submitted by an adult member in writing either via mail to the Club’s PO Box (PO Box 5088, Rome GA 30162) or via email directly to a Board Member. All complaints and action taken will be reported at the following board meeting. No comments will be considered unless signed by an adult member. Email comments must clearly reference adult member name submitting and household address.
REGISTRATION AND GUESTS
1. All members must wear a Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club wrist
band in order to enter and remain in the pool area. No member will be
allowed to enter without a wrist band.
2. Guests may use the pool facilities when accompanied by an adult member.
An adult member is anyone age 18 and over. All guests must wear a
Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club wrist band in order to enter
and remain in the pool area.
3. Non-member resident guests may use the pool facilities when
accompanied by an adult member. All non-member resident guests must
wear a Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club wrist band in order to
enter and remain in the pool area. Non-member resident guest usage
shall be allowed a total of three (3) visits per calendar year with any
4. There will be a maximum of four (4) guests per member household during
any single time.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Suntan oils are not water soluble and contribute to inferior water
conditions. Please limit use to necessary sunscreen.
2. Children under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by a parent or
other adult while at the pool. Children twelve (12) and over who have
successfully passed the swimming test (one length of the pool and tread
water for 60 seconds without touching the sides or bottom) may swim
3. No one will be allowed in the pool without proper swimwear. Cut-offs and
torn or frayed swim suits are forbidden (they clog the filter system).
4. “Swim diapers” are required under a swim suit for children who are not toilet trained. Regular disposable or cloth diapers are not permitted in the pool. Parents of young children are responsible to assure that vomit or feces do not enter the pool. If vomit or feces are found, the pool will be closed for the rest of the day for health reasons.
5. Anyone with skin infections or open wounds is not permitted in the pool for the safety of all members and guests.
6. Animals will not be permitted in the pool area.
7. No chewing gum or tobacco products are allowed in the pool area.
8. Food and beverages are allowed providing that you clean up your trash. Glass containers or breakable objects of any kind are not permitted in the pool area. Small coolers are permitted but due to space constraints, no large coolers are permitted.
9. Use or possession of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs is prohibited.
10. Acceptable flotation devices are kick boards, water wings, life vests or child floatation rings. Be respectful of all members and pool guests if using rafts, tubes, and floats.
11. Water toys specifically designed for pool use are allowed. Frisbees, footballs, tennis balls, etc. cannot be used in the pool area.
12. No running on the pool deck or diving into the pool.
13. Boisterous conduct, profanity, rough tactics, and spitting in the pool will not be tolerated. Failure to observe these instructions will result in disciplinary action.
14. THUNDER: the pool will be cleared for 15 minutes after the first thunder until 15 minutes after the last sound of thunder.
15. LIGHTNING: the pool and deck will be cleared for 15 minutes after the first lightning until 15 minutes after the last lightning.
16. The use of pool furniture is on a first arrival basis. No one is permitted to reserve pool furniture at any time. No one will be allowed to use the pool furniture for storage of towels and personal articles while in the pool for prolonged periods of time if others need to use them.
17. Personal radios/stereos must be used with earphones.
18. Be respectful of the privacy of our members and guests when taking pictures inside the pool area.
19. Due to the limited swimming pool season and the limited space of the pool facility, private parties are simply not feasible. However, the pool may be used to accommodate individual group parties of up to 20 total people (including hosting member and all guests) for a non-refundable deposit of $100. Other members will still have the right to use and enjoy the facility during the time that the function is occurring. The party date and time should be coordinated with the Secretary and deposit paid prior to the party date.
1. Parents of any child found vandalizing the pool or facilities, will be held responsible for any or all damages and the child will be subject to loss of pool privileges for the remainder of the pool season.
2. The members have authority to enforce the pool rules and regulations. Any child found breaking pool rules will be subject to the following action:
a. 1st offense: Person will be subject to a time out period.
b. 2nd offense: Notification by pool board member of loss of privileges for one week. At this time a meeting between the child, his/her parents, and a pool board member will be scheduled to discuss the child’s behavior.
c. 3rd Offense: Notification by pool board member of loss of privileges for the remainder of the pool season.
POOL WRIST BANDS and KEY CARDS
Wrist bands are to be worn by for all Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club members and guests to enter and remain in the pool area. If you are a new member or need to replace a lost wrist band or key card, please contact the membership committee. There is a $10 fee for each replacement wrist band that is due at the time the replacement wrist band is issued. There is a $50 fee for each key card replacement. The limit of 4 guest wrist bands per member household will be enforced.
Please remember: ONLY Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club members will be issued wrist bands.
Hopefully these rules and regulations will provide for a safe and enjoyable place for all members and their guests to swim and relax. Each member assumes the responsibility to ensure the safe and proper operation of the pool. As a member of the Lavender Mountain Swim and Racquet Club, you are the owner of the pool. Please treat it that way and have a good time!